Saturday, 27 February 2010

The one left behind...

Yesterday was about good changes.
Today was sad for me, changes that I don't like.

Over the past few months so many people have left where I work, finding other jobs, new projects, moving away. Where once there were crowds of friends who'd known each other for years, joking and playing as they worked, there are now new people. Some of them are lovely, but I miss the family we had and things being how they were. I miss everyone so much. Today the last couple people from the "olden days" were off sick or on holiday, and it was my manager's last weekend day before he moves to another store. It feels so empty now.

At least I've been given a good kick out of the rut where I trundled along so comfortably. This year is my year to step into what I want to do with my life, this just takes away one more excuse to procrastinate. I'll continue to work, I'll miss my friends, I'll make new friends to fill some of the gaping holes... but in my own time there can be no more idling away doing nothing, otherwise where do I end up? Selling someone else's products for the rest of my life. No thank you.

No comments: