Tuesday, 29 December 2009

What's Next?

So, another year draws to a close.

I'm determined to make 2010 my biggest year yet. Up until now I've either drifted through my years, from time to time getting caught on some reeds or the riverbank; college, uni, a job I need to pay the rent... but I don't know why I'm where I am, how I got here, or where I'll end up.

Well, from the beginning of 2010 onwards I am going to use my own goals as my compass, and decide for myself where it is I'm heading. No more doing things just because I don't want to disappoint the people around me, or because I don't have anything better to do than go along with what I'm told is best.

I'm prepared to make mistakes here and there, and have to adjust my course, and surprise a few people along the way. After all, I know that all the important people in my life will support me in whatever I decide I want to do.

Today I've been planning. I'm surrounded by hundreds of big and little ideas of what I want to do, and excited by the fact that so many of them seem achievable. I now need to prioritise them so that I can focus on one at a time and start ticking things off my list of accomplishments without becoming overwhelmed.

I'm looking forward to this next year.
How about you?

2 comments:

SillyBoy said...

Didn't you post something quite similar around this time last year? And at several points inbetween?
I foresee another year of you posting about all the amazing things you're about to do.
Get on with it before you end up like me!

Evie said...

Hehe, I know. Broken record syndrome. But this time I have plans where before I had vague ideas. And I have no student loan to make it all okay, so I *have* to do something. And lots more reasons why I can't just ignore it this time.

But please nag at regular intervals to make sure I'm keeping up with it!!