Thursday, 3 December 2009

Clean Slate - plus Bike, Work and Skating.

I miss writing here. It's been so long since I have written regularly that I feel like I should catch up on everything I've missed. I never know what to write when I do sit down to begin.

I think I need to start fresh instead of trying to catch up. Clean slate and all that.

So....
************ ( <<== this symbolises a slate being wiped clean.)



Hi!

Two weeks ago I finally bought a bike. It's a pretty pretty white Raleigh Caprice and I love it. It opens up a world of freedom I haven't had since leaving London. This is the wrong month to begin cycling I think, I had a week of lovely crisp weather before it turned rainy and cold. But I'm determined to cycle anyway, it's like flying, I get everywhere in a fraction of the time it would take to walk, and whoosh the whole way with the wind in my hair. Could there be a better way to travel?

And last week I went full time at work, at least until Christmas. This means more money, but far less free time, which is tricky when the holidays are drawing closer and you have no presents for family yet! Somehow I'll manage.

I went iceskating on Sunday with friends I haven't seen for a while, it was huge fun, I discovered that I can skate, I didn't know that you see, and now I want roller blades (or quads, either kind of skates would be amazing) so I can skate all year round.

And this is the end of my clean slate post.
I'll be back sooner next time.



(My bike by Battersea Bridge on a lovely all-day bike ride last week)

No comments: