Saturday, 5 December 2009

Chance Meetings

One thing I love about my job is the variety of people I meet. Yesterday I was scanning through  an assortment of different papers and asked the customer what she planned to do with them.

It turns out she's an illustrator of childrens' books, something I have been thinking about for a while. I mentioned that I was working on a couple little stories for childrens' books and she gave me her email address and website, telling me to send her what I have and saying that she has worked on books long enough to know when they're ready to be sent to an editor.

I'm not certain that my stories are what she usually deals with, but, she mentioned that she does illustration with collage. Something that would suit one of my stories perfectly, a story I've been trying to work out what style it needed. So even if I didn't send it to her, I have an idea for my own work. More than anything I would love to both write and illustrate my book.

She's got me thinking about it again. I think I'll start to work on it seriously now, instead of it being an idea for sometime in the future when I'm a Writer. And who knows, maybe when I start working on my stories again I'll find something to send her..

1 comment:

becky said...

I thiiink you should send her a draft!

And that's a really nice story, I can't wait to see what you come up with in collage!

xXx