Sunday, 6 December 2009

Candyfloss of Dreams



While looking through my archive of photos I stumbled across this one and it made me smile, so I thought I'd share.

Last September I spent a week exploring Paris with Becky. On our second day I saw a child near the Eiffel Tower walking around with candyfloss and decided I wanted some very much, but then I couldn't find where they'd got it. I was most distraught of course, and every day from then on I scoured the tourist sites looking for where to find candyfloss.

Finally on our last day, sitting on a bench in Jardin de Luxembourg, a child walked past with candyfloss. I jumped up, euros in hand, and started walking the way the child had come. After a minute I passed a couple more kids with pink fluffy clouds of sugar and knew I was on the right path.

When I finally found the woman in her booth and pointed at the sign for candyfloss, she was so amused by me joining the queue of people half my height and a quarter of my age, that she kept spinning and spinning it until it turned into the most giant candyfloss mountain I've ever had, probably the size of some of my fellow sugar-cravers.

A most satisfactory conclusion to my candyfloss hunt, and farewell day in Paris.


1 comment:

Nelly said...

WOW! That's one big one BIG treat! I love Cotton Candy too and never pass up an opportunity to enjoy it. The picture is awesome!