Thursday, 20 August 2009

Moving, and NaNoWriMo.

Even more stuff is gone now.

It's a shock to have my surroundings suddenly so empty, although I'm actually liking this taste of simplicity. I hoard things usually. I can't bear to get rid of them, "just in case". My stuff is mostly in a storage locker now, and I'm tempted to keep the locker for a couple weeks after I move into my new place so that I can get used to living with less and can give away/sell as much as possible instead of taking it into the new flat with me. A really fresh start.

In other news, I'm planning to do NaNoWriMo again this year. I haven't managed to finish this challenge since starting uni, but now I've graduated and am trying to make writing part of my daily life, so I figure this is a good way to jumpstart a new writing routine. And I've missed being part of the craziness that is Nano.

The thing I'm concerned about is the fact I'll be working full-time this year, it's exhausting to work on a shop floor at Christmas, in the Christmas department no less. I'm hoping I'll have the energy to write while I'm not working. But I'm determined. I want to do it this year to prove to myself that I can. If I can write a novel in a month, while working full time, then afterwards I should have no problem with toning it down a little and merely writing a normal amount every day.

1 comment:

SillyBoy said...

If I can write a novel in a month while working full time - and do it five times - I'm sure you can manage it too!