Thursday, 16 July 2009

Preposterously Positive.

"Say yes to positive, not no to negative
'Cos no to negative is not enough
Say yes to positive, not no to negative
Preposterously positive, that's the stuff."
(From Carrot, by the wonderfully funny Mal Webb)

I'm in a very good mood today. I saw some friends last night who I haven't seen for a while. And I made new friends. Both good things.

I've been thinking... not being sucked in by peer presure, being different from the "regular" crowd, being able to generally not take peoples' opinions to heart are all things I pride myself on. But I'm discovering that there's a big difference between not paying attention to negative input, and having positive input.

I can feel fine around people who may or may not truly "get" me... but "fine" is very different from the great that I feel when I'm around people who believe in me, and who see for themselves qualities in me that I'm used to having to work to get other people to notice, or even that I stop noticing myself. Being around people like this gives me a big injection of happy, and I come away feeling like I can do anything I put my mind to, every huge challenge I face melts into triviality.

I love feeling like that.
I'm so very grateful to have people like this in my life.

1 comment:

becky said...

You're right, there is a big difference! And you can of course do anything you put your mind to, it's all in the mindset.

Hurrah for lovely people! And for Mal Webb, I think it's been far too long since I've listened to that album.

Love you lots,

xxx