Friday, 10 July 2009

Home Sweet Home

(photo by kaysare on flickr)

So... I'm moving soon.

I've kind of known it for a while, but it seemed a million years away until last night. Suddenly it's all hitting home, so to speak.

The very lovely Becky is starting uni in London in October. I'm going to move out of my little room here and the two of us will find a flat in a better part of London than here, somewhere closer to work, my family and her uni. This place has been perfect student accommodation and I'm very grateful to have had it throughout my time at uni, but I'm living in a single room and storing half my clothes under the bed. I'm very excited at the idea of having somewhere that's truly a home. I'm looking forward to having a bedroom of my own, that doesn't double/triple up as office, storage, kitchen and living room. And I'm looking forward to being able to spend time with my bestest friend more than once every few months.

I'm not looking forward to paying rent and living expenses in London with no student loan to fall back on. Scary stuff.

1 comment:

becky said...

Oh, wow, I love the new re-design, and especially the logo! It's so pretty!

And yes, it's soon and strange and gosh! I'm very excited too, though.

The picture you found is really cool also!