Wednesday, 29 July 2009

Graduation!

Yesterday was graduation day. I am officially a graduate, LSBU alumni. My student life is behind me, my future ahead.

My mum, my brother and Becky were there with me on my special day, my nearest and dearest. It was a fun day, albeit very.... I don't know.... fast. It all happened in a big swoosh of people and robes photos, announcements, more photos and then... it was over. It was held in St George's Cathedral, so gorgeous with its windows, pillars and stonework, an amazing setting for this day. Then we had a reception with a band and refreshments in the gardens of the Imperial War Museum. It was sunny and we took hundreds of photos, some of which I will post sometime this week when my internet is working well enough to upload them.

I thought that, after 2 months of being finished with uni, not seeing anyone, being in the buildings, this day wouldn't be that big a deal, but I came away a little shell-shocked by the finality of it all. Knowing that I would never see probably half of the people in my (quite large) class again is very weird. And then even with the friends that I will keep in touch with and see, it's different. There's no more casual, "See you in next week's class..". If we want to see each other we have to make an effort and arrange it, and all that. Which I think is a good thing and I'm looking forward to friendships growing past lazy communication, but it's still a bit of a shock to realise that everything has changed.

More than anything though, I'm proud of what I've accomplished in this time, the person I've become through my experiences, the precious friendships I've made, and what I've learned.. both professionally and personally.. And I'm excited about what's to come. I appear to have a semi-solid plan forming for what comes next, and I'm determined to make it work. Watch this space.

3 comments:

Ginaagain said...

Congratulations!! I can't wait to hear about your new adventures!

Nelly said...

This comes a bit late, but Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, You have performed [url=http://www.frlongchamp-pascher.eu/sac-de-voyage-longchamp-pas-cher-c-6.html]Sac De Voyage Longchamp Pas Cher[/url] an incredible job. I??ll certainly digg it and for my part suggest to my friends. Sac Hobo Longchamp Pas Cher [url=http://www.frlongchamp-pascher.eu/sac-longchamp-pas-cher-pliage-c-7.html]Sac Longchamp Pas Cher Pliage[/url] , I'm confident they will be benefited from this site.