Sunday, 12 July 2009

Buttons 2 - AKA The Button Torment

As I've mentioned before, I have a thing about buttons. And finding them. I found three today, and a zip (I branched out into occasional zips coz I kept finding them too). For some reason I see them everywhere. Oh wait, four buttons today. I forgot one. Aaanyway. There is one button that has been plaguing me since April.

I saw it on the the tracks at platform 5 of London Bridge and spent the rest of my wait for the train watching it intently, trying to think of some big and clever plan to get it off the tracks. Most of the plans involved distracting the guards while I lowered a giant super-power vacuum from the platform edge. I didn't have a giant vacuum, otherwise who knows, it could have worked.

It's still there. It won't go away! Three months it's been sitting on the tracks taunting me with its buttonness. If anyone has any schemes to rescue lost buttons from train tracks, preferably without loss of life or limb, I'd be thrilled to hear them.


1 comment:

becky said...

Ah, the button!!! It's a very pretty button, I love the picture with the little enlargement! hehe

I'm not sure I have any useful ideas for getting it though...Perhaps you could find one of those men that does work on the tracks, the ones in the high-vis jackets? And ask them nicely, you could draw a little diagram and give them the photo!

Or one of those grabber things (voila!), perhaps??