Monday, 20 July 2009

Another day.

Yesterday was another no-internet, and thus no-post, day.

After 35 hours spent in or around my bed, I wanted very very much to be out of the house so I did everything possible to get enough sleep and was feeling okay in the morning yesterday, so I made it into work. The thing is, when I'm not well I tend to become very, very spacey, and kept finding myself staring into the cabinets at work with no recollection of how I got there or what I was supposed to be doing. And walking into things. And dropping things. I tried to throw a piece of paper into a bin and missed..... from three inches away (I say three, it was probably closer..). But I survived, as did everyone around me, thankfully. I'm a fair bit better today, taking it easy. I just fell asleep in the middle of the afternoon, something I haven't done in a long time.

I think I'll spend the day tidying and starting to sort things out for moving next month. I have a system started, and for the first time in my life I'm actually being able to get rid of things. Instead of looking at something and thinking, "Aww, that's nice. I haven't used it in forever though.... but... I might someday! And if I ever do need it where would I be able to find another? No... I'd better keep it.... just in case.... it's only small anyway... it's not like it takes up space. I'll just add it to the boxes full of other 'maybe someday' things..." I can think, "Huh, cool. Oh well, out it goes." This, for me, is incredibly radical thinking.

1 comment:

SillyBoy said...

I've tried being that ruthless. But every time I find some random widget that hasn't been used in years and years, that I can't think of any possible use for, and I throw it away... within a week I always find a use for it.

So I'm going to sit back for a while and see how you get on, before I dare to follow your example.