Saturday, 6 June 2009

Venice!

I'm off tomorrow night/Monday morning (red-eye flight, overnight airport stay) to Venice! It's my first time travelling on my own properly. I've flown places, but been dropped off/met at airports. I have to find my own way to Stanstead and through Italy on the other side. I'm looking forward to it, and I'm nervous. Less than I probably should be considering I've done very little research and my travel plan is scribbled in felt tip on half a pocket moleskine page. Once I'm there I'll find my friends, who have mostly all left today, which will be great. But until I meet them I'm looking forward to travelling solo for once, it's an experience I've craved for a while.

I got a new lens today, a Canon 50mm 1.8 prime, and I'm very very much looking forward to breaking it in fully while there! Hundreds of pictures a day will be taken.

Gotta go pack! I neeever leave it this late! Eep!

1 comment: