Wednesday, 11 March 2009

Twitter and celery. That's life.

I've been talked into joining Twitter.

What is it that makes us so willing to shout every detail of our existence to anyone who will listen? Blogging, Facebook, Twitter... all ways of telling lots and lots of people all about the miniscule aspects of our lives. What am I thinking right now? Or eating? Oh look, I forgot to tie my shoelaces. Oops.. better tell cyberspace.

The thing is, I like to tell people about the interesting character I met/pretty sunset I saw/strange new food I tried/my day in general. I may complain, butI don't actually want to stop. I enjoy being able to share my joy at seeing a blue sky first thing in the morning, or seeing several different people having strong opinions about my sudden craving for celery. And I like to know what's going on in other peoples' lives, decyphering their cryptic, or not so cryptic, facebook statuses and reading their blogs.

I wish I didn't. I wish I was a quiet, private person... but no. Here I am writing a long rant about people and blogs... in my blog. Don't worry, I'm fully aware of the hypocrisy of that fact. It kind of suits the twisted mind-changingness of this whole post I think.

===

So, my shared-with-the-world news for today: We have about 10 actors coming to audition for parts in our video tomorrow. I'm nervous and excited. We have some very experienced people with good CVs coming to audition to work for us for free. I'm looking forward to meeting them...

And in the spirit of spreading pointless details across cyberspace, I'll leave you with a picture of my celery. Crunchy goodness. With peanut butter. Perfection:


(P.S. I'm Evie_Eastman on Twitter if anyone's interested)

3 comments:

becky said...

Wasn't me that talked you into it.... :P Hmm.

I think it's really strange, I mean, yeah, I don't really use facebook, and have sort of been thinking lately about what I would be comfortable writing on my blog (not a lot, apparently. hehe) but with twitter - perhaps this is because it's relatively annoynmous, I haven't really mentioned to anyone I signed up. But the feeling of intimacy in posting thoughts and events as they appear. It's a lot more instant than writing in a moleskine because I wouldn't write something like "feeling sad today, i want strawberry jam.", I'd write pages and pages and somewhere the original thoughts would get lost. So it's nice to be able to look back and have ... like bullet points, of your life (or the last few weeks I've had an account anyway.) Maybe that's just narcissism, I don't know. So for me it's not about the radar, or keeping up with the Jones', or being interesting or funny or exciting, or even about telling people about things, it's just about me trying to keep up with myself.

I agree with you though, the entire concept is incredibly bizarre.

I like the peanut butter and celery picture, and I'm not going to attempt to edit what I just typed, hehe. Love you peaches. xxx

The League for the Suppression of Celery said...

We at the League for the Suppression of Celery ask that you cease and desist your promotion of the devil's vegetable.

Please go to our web site where you can educate yourself on the dangers of this hideous agricultural product.

NicoleB said...

Brrr.... ;)

I have a strong dislike for celery, shudder ;)

And all the hype about twitter and co.... as long as you enjoy whatever you do, it's good.
When you start thinking in tweets, you need a break.
When you get obsessed with numbers, you need a long break.

Just kidding :D