Thursday, 19 February 2009

Photo-ing

I've been having lots of fun with my camera. For once I have been managing to ward off perfectionism, a big big step forward for me. I have been taking photos of anything and everything, and when a photo isn't perfect, well, that's fine. I look at it, make a mental note of what worked and what didn't, and what I'll need to make it even better next time I meet a similar subject.

I love wandering the city with the eye of a photographer, seeing the things that I would otherwise walk past without a second thought. It may be the texture of a wall, an interesting selection of lines and shapes, a face with character... Everything becomes more colourful and intriguing.

My Flickr account is coming to life also. I'm refusing to filter through and upload only the very best photos every month or so, as I did with my deviantART account for years. Instead I'm letting it show my natural photography style, uploading anything I like that I've taken during my days out, and have been finding an unexpected amount of photos that I love. I'm happy that I haven't once regretted the amount of money I spent on the camera. It's worth every penny, and my Christmas overtime went a long way to softening the blow on my bank account.

No comments: