Tuesday, 24 February 2009

Disney and pancakes.

It's a grey and gloomy day and I've been sitting inside feeling grey and bleh myself. I felt in desperate need of an artist date to brighten my spirits, but I have no time to go out, and no money to go out with (I lost my purse and all my cards on Saturday and only have the small amount of cash I had stashed in my room) and am supposed to be hard at work on my dissertation. Then I thought about how little I get chance to do actual cooking, and how rarely I find the time to listen to music as something other than a background to whatever else is going on.

Today being Pancake Day, I gathered together the ingredients for pancakes and flicked through my itunes library to see what I felt like listening to. For some reason it was my (awfully large) Disney collection that caught my attention. Usually this will be listened to one or two songs at a time in the middle of a big playlist of other stuff. I put it all on shuffle and spent a happy hour or so bouncing around my little kitchen singing along with Mary Poppins, Jungle Book, Lion King and whatever else came on.

I had a hard time making the pancakes come out right on the electric stove (I've lived here 2 and a half years and I'm still not used to it. I miss gas cooking so so much) but it didn't matter one little bit. I have all the ingredients and I'm going to try again soon and keep trying until I perfect the art, and I had very much fun. This whole non-perfectionist thing seems to be spreading from my photography to cooking to who knows where next! Yay!

Now I'm revitalised... time to get back to work.


P.S. I love this t-shirt! Or the idea of it. Best quote ever for a start. I might have to make my own cooler version on a less box-shaped shirt (because I am that vain). Yay, an excuse to buy fabric paint.


1 comment:

Ginaagain said...

Hurray for non-perfectionism! I can't seem to get used to the electric stove either and we've been here for two years also. I want my gas back!

Great shirt.. I agree that it needs to be on a better quality shirt.