Wednesday, 12 November 2008

The Norman Conquests

I've just come back from the second of the The Norman Conquests plays at the Old Vic theatre, starring Stephen Mangan (as in Green Wing) and Jessica Hynes (as in Spaced). The first play was hilarious (I watched it with a friend about two weeks ago, it was so great that we went straight to the box-office the next day to get the next tickets) so this had lots to live up to, and it didn't disappoint. Very very funny. Amazing cast and script.

And I *heart* the Old Vic theatre! It's so cute and cozy, with a lovely elegance about it. And most of all I love their "under 25s" offer. I have a ticket to the final play booked for the 19th of December (can't wait!), and for all three plays we have front row seats. In the current setting front row really is front. We were literally about 2 feet from the actors, a foot from the stage, which is only a little above floor level. It's a round stage at the moment, with the audience sitting in a circle around it, so depending where you are you get a completely different view of what's going on. And. The greatness is that these front-row seats of perfection are only £12 each for us youngsters. I love it.

Okay, I'm being a bad hostess. Must be off! Otherwise I could rave about it for ages more.

2 comments:

A Cuban In London said...

I love Stephen Green and the Green Wing is one of my all-time favourite comedy shows along Smack the Pony and The Office.

Greetings from the other side of... London

Evie said...

Greetings from this part of London!

I love him too, even more now. And all those very excellent comedies. A fine selection indeed.