Tuesday, 4 November 2008

The Halloween aftermath.

I've just discovered a side-effect of living on your own at Halloween...

Being the lovely person that I am, I bought chocolate and goodies for the neighbourhood trick-or-treaters. Thing is, not too many stopped by this year, leaving me with an awful lot of leftover junk food, and only me to finish it off. It seems that when chocolate is minified (hehe, just looked that up and discovered it is a word!) I don't notice that I'm eating it. So here I am a few days later, so sick of chocolate I can hardly look at it. And yet I still have maltesers, toffees and Terry's chocolate oranges surrounding me, and a giant bar of turkish delight chocolate, among other things. Methinks it's time to go back to my old habits of stashing it in boxes under the bed until I feel ready to eat it again.... say, in a year's time?

1 comment:

solnushka said...

Being with my husband doesn't stop me scoffing it all if I buy chocolate. So I bought gummy hallowweeny shapes that only he likes this year, which was good as nobody came at all.

I'm not sure that mini bars of chocolate have calories and what not, so I'd just leave it out and carry on eating when you can bear to...