Saturday, 27 September 2008

Fog and Baubles

London was under a blanket of fog this morning. I like fog. I like hearing things before you can see them. I like trying to work out who's coming towards you through the white, and I like seeing the headlights of vehicles shining through the fog like glowing eyes.

In other news, Christmas starts tomorrow! Or that's what I'm being told. I seem to recall Christmas being sometime in December, but perhaps that's all wrong. Tomorrow's the day my floor at work changes from a furniture floor into the Christmas department. All glitter and baubles and reindeer. I plan to buy everything for Christmas this year ridiculously early, before I'm sick of the whole thing, which I'm sure I will be before the real Christmas comes around. As long as the music doesn't start yet, I may survive it...

Oh, and kohl update... I've been wearing the almond smoke eyeliner for the last two days and am thoroughly impressed by its staying power! I think it's because it's not oil-based, and so doesn't melt off. I put this on before work this morning, and it's still strong now, 14 hours later.
Merry Christmas to one and all! xXx

4 comments:

SillyBoy said...

There was fog? Bah, I must've slept through it. I love the spookiness, the looming mystery shapes, the sense of isolation, the muffled sounds. At least it's getting all autumnal now, so hopefully there'll be plenty more.

I don't envy you three months of Christmas. Though I shall be visiting to make sure you put up some tinsel in the Toilets of Darkness!

And thanks for the valuable tip, but I don't think burnt-almond eyeliner is really my style :P .

Evie said...

Hehe, it could be your style! Have you ever tried? :op

The floor is now all....... shiny! And.... like.... colourful.....

SillyBoy said...

Ooh, now you're making me want to festoon my workplace with twinkly coloured lights... do you guys sell twinkly coloured lights?

Evie said...

We do! We do now. You should see our Christmas-ness and look at lights. Yep.